Friday, January 28, 2005

Birthday Inventory

Well, so far it's been a pretty good day, this "Golden" birthday of mine.
  • I woke up and went downstairs to find a birthday card waiting for my from my mostly absentee roommate. It was cheeky. He'll be punished for it later.
  • After my shower I went back up to my room to find that the other roommate had left a present for me on my bed. This morning was quite like an Easter Egg hunt when you think about it.
  • Someone called me to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. She has a lovely voice, and I laughed at the thought of her trying to keep her singing volume to "low" so as not to attract to much attention in the middle of the trade desk.
  • My favourite coffee barista told me that my morning order was on the house. I am in love with him.
  • Everyone in the office seemed to know that it was my birthday, though I hadn't mentioned it to anyone except my closest colleagues. That was nice.
  • Email wishes came in from lots of friends. Thanks to all of them!
  • France sent a beautiful email, an excerpt of which made me giggle. Lots of these things I need and cherish. Others, not so much. I shall loosely translate: "That this year, which brings us closer each time to our thirties, shall bring you happiness, health, prosperity, lovers by the tens, love, glory, beauty, gasoline, fake silicone breasts and many other amusing things." France also pointed out that today is her half-birthday, and so I returned in kind with many Happy Half-Birthday Wishes for her.
  • Mr. Grumpy-pants and my Mom popped up on messenger to say hello and give me birthday wishes. Grumpy-pants would also like to officially protest his nickname. As you can see, I considered the request and then denied it.
  • And a Hilarious e-card came in from a best friend that featured a topless animated stud that could perform seven different dance moves (including the running man, the hokey pokey, and a wicked back flip,) to three different styles of music, on a flashing dance floor complete with disco ball and laser show. I'm not sure what could possibly top that.

So here it is. 28 on the 28th. The number is not a big deal because I've been telling myself that I'm 28 for months now. Last year bothered me, for some strange reason. 27 officially felt like I had entered my late twenties. I gotta tell you, 28, not so bad. Of course, last year at this time I was unemployed and still living at home, wrecked by indecision and filled with a loss of faith in myself. This year I have 5-pin bowling to fill up my soul. How far I have journeyed in one year!

Lots of love to everyone from,

The birthday girl.

P.S. - Want updates everytime I post something new? Join the Feet Update mailing list. The link is downstairs, just keep scrolling.

1 Comments:

Blogger PrincessDoubt said...

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy BIRTHDAY Dear Nerdifer
Happy...Birth...Day...To...You!

I've been waiting for you to post something like this all day :) (just put it to the earlier sound of my voice...my co-workers LOVE me ;))

4:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home