Friday, January 14, 2005

I Am So Being Stood Up

Let me tell you what a big fan of this whole internet dating service thing I am. Snerk. In a year, I have had two internet dates.

In the first place, boy was: 1) not as good looking as photo, duh, and 2) bizarrely needy. Yeah, well, I’m pretty sure he had good reason – blah, blah, 26 and already separated, blah, blah, both parents passed away, blah, blah, fueding with family over the will. Okay, so I am so outta there. Really nice guy, but only 20 kg of baggage is allowed on this flight, and you’re well over the limit.

In the second play, boy was: 1) not as good looking as photo, hmm, pattern? And 2) a recovering arsonist. No, seriously. No, seriously. Boy suggests we meet up at restaurant for dinner after work. Boy insists that we have secluded spot on patio, which waitress has specifically said is reserved for meal service only. Boy orders water. And nothing else. Boy then tells me that as a troubled youth in Eastern Europe, he liked to set fires to old warehouses. Uh, cheque please! Oh, and he would like to be a firefighter because he feels he has a good understanding of fire. Hmmm, yeah, there’s something here about the irony of how boy only ordered water. I’m gone in under an hour.

A third date with a third potential suitor is supposed to be tonight. Boy drives a fancy car. And I’m pretty sure that most would find this impressive, but I am a cynic and I’m afraid he is “materialistic.” Well, I guess I’ll find out tonight. Only, I probably won’t. Because boy has not called or emailed since casually setting up this date early in the week. So, I’m pretty sure I’m being stood up. At least, that’s what this familiar intuition thing I’ve got going on is telling me. That would make it the third time this year.

Yep. Twice by two different nuclear men. And now internet boy #3. I tell you, their mothers must be so proud of them.

Oh, but wait, as I’m writing this journal of righteous indignation, my email beeps and it is internet boy #3. Rescheduling, due to work conflicts. Okay, maybe his mother is proud of him. We’ll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger PrincessDoubt said...

...more deets that than...rescheduled definitely? For when. Also, materialistic...well aren't we all to some degree? So don't judge him immediately. If he makes enough money to buy a nice car, what would be the point in buying a piece of junk, so as -not- to be materialistic? As long as he drives safer than me you're fine :)

...so give me more info...feed my inner (and outer) drama queen...

12:48 p.m.  
Blogger nerdifer said...

I'd give more info, but then I might be tipping off the paparazzi! ;-)

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger PrincessDoubt said...

SHUT UP!!!! It's Brad...isn't it!?!

You'd better be careful, I hear Aniston's nails are lethal.

:)

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

You KNOW it's all about exposing the cleavage!

8:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home